Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-02-2023, 05:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Got it, so you've now turned this into you standing up for the little guy rather than just you being pedantic by refusing to acknowledge that talking about something on the scale of the entire planet, maybe including groups of 10,000 people (or even a group of 1,935 people) is not productive towards getting an actual picture of the situation.

1 person getting murdered in Niue means Niue is the most dangerous country on the planet even if 165,000 people get murdered in the US, because we aren't working with brains that accept reason, nuance, or scale. Got it.

Man, it is shocking how quickly I get reminded why PnR sucks. No wonder it's turned into the cesspit of non-conversation it is.

???

I think we have different ideas about the goal of the data collection, the "actual picture" and "the situation" sought after there.

It was collected by the WORLD Health Organization. Don't they have an obligation to collect in every country?

Why would they leave out micro-nations, if they are collecting for the entire world? And what are they supposed to do
if a nation doesn't meet your demand for sample size? If 61% of the total population of Nauru meets the obesity
standard, why shouldn't the WHO report that? Were I a doctor/researcher working on genetics and obesity, I might
find that quite relevant and interesting. And I don't see how that would be "pedantic" or "standing up for the little guy."
I suppose you are attacking the little guy then, but I have no idea why. They skew our data, or don't make proper
samples?

Beyond that I don't know what to say. No idea why you are so angry or think my response = a "cesspit of non-conversation."

If you think there is some sort of skullduggery going on, why would you attack me rather than the WHO? I did not collect and
present the data.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - Dill - 09-02-2023, 05:55 PM