Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-03-2023, 06:13 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Not sure the label matters much. We’re in the midst of one of the worst economic situations of our lifetime. The biggest transfer of wealth from middle and lower class to the upper class. The biggest attack on small businesses through rampant inflation and jacked interest rates which allow the biggest corporations to gobble up everything in sight while small businesses are just holding on with little opportunity to expand. High real estate prices and cost of living through the roof. Small business owners are the heart of this country, cut the damn taxes and make it easy to create jobs and open a business.

I mostly agree.  Maybe fully.  

I'm far from a Trump supporter or a conservative, but Trump should have been a real warning to the upper class in this country.  They want business as usual, ie making shitloads of cash while paying people down the pyramid as little as possible.  It works to an extent, but they continued to take and take and take year after year and decade after decade.  They sent jobs overseas to get out of paying decent wages here, benefitting from globalism while the rest of us suffered from it.  Benefits decreased until they became next to nothing compared to what they were in the 70's.  

Trump is A problem, but he's never been THE problem.  He's actually a sign that democracy is working and that when the American people become disaffected enough, they have the power to upset the entrenched power structure.  He never gets elected in a country where people have the spare cash to spend on distractions and hobbies.  When they don't, political propaganda becomes more enticing and blaming large groups of ethnicities, religions, and mainly foreigners becomes a fun hobby.  

It would be super cool if people focused their anger on getting better wages for working people, better funded local governments, and better access to affordable healthcare.  I guess it's easier and more fun to just get pissed at Mexicans and shit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - samhain - 09-03-2023, 10:00 PM