Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
(09-03-2023, 06:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Since you were there, tell us how were the Soldiers treated by non-family civilians when they got home?

Mostly pretty well by what I saw in classes and on campus, and by polls of vets from the late 1970s onward.

In my responses to SSF on war protest, I discussed how vets made up a large part of the protest movement,
where they were welcomed, at a time when there were protests on most every campus in the U.S. The
majority of vets also saw the government was the problem, not people who were protesting that problem.

I don't recall ANY talk of "spitting" until the 1990s, as GWH Bush was ramping up the population
for the Gulf War. Even then it was more about keeping people positive about the current military
than honoring vets from a war the most had forgotten by then. I.e., they were preparing for the
next round of forgotten veterans.

I still see the "myth" as an effort to turn public attention away from the politicians who lead Americans into
war and focus public anger on those who protest such wars for being "un-American."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Dill - 09-04-2023, 10:09 AM