Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Liberal Media ignores Biden Scandal
(09-04-2023, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Even Mueller couldn't find collusion from anyone in the Trump campaign that conspired or coordinated in any way with Russia despite multiple attempts from Russian-affiliated individuals.

Well, there was Roger Stone who communicated with Assange about the release of hacked Podesta emails. That were hacked by Russian operatives, namely a person called Guccifer that was in direct contact with Stone. I think that counts as conspiring with Russia, and Stone imho counts as being part of the Trump campaign.

(09-04-2023, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As far as Manafort goes, if what he did was so egregious, then why wasn't he convicted on it? Instead was convicted of Tax and Bank fraud not collusion so what he did likely wouldn't have held up else they would have added that on as well.

I think part of the answer is that not everything that is egregious is also criminal. Eg. I find it highly egregious for a campaign manager to be in deep debt with a Russian oligarch and therefore giving him private briefings. It imho counts as coordinating with Russia too. I also find it egregious for a campaign manager to have secretly (unregistered) lobbied for a pro-Russian party in Ukraine, namely Yanukovich, and getting 17 million in the process before. Enormous scandals in the eyes of many, had it come out about Podesta for example. Working with Klimnik to propagate a false 'Ukraine was meddling instead of Russia' narrative might also meet the threshold of coordinating with Russia. Also a grave counterintelligence threat according to the senate committee.
His associate, a man called Rick Gates, plead guilty to engaging in a conspiracy to defraud the United States, so there's that. As later did Manafort in Columbia. Which resulted in 30 months of prison time. The whole financial fraud cases from Virginia were a cherry on top, but not the entirety of his convictions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liberal Media ignores Biden Scandal - hollodero - 09-05-2023, 10:49 AM