Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
From Florida to California, dwindling insurance options
(09-05-2023, 01:54 PM)basballguy Wrote: That's incredibly stupid, i'm sorry.  

My last claim was 3 years ago and my last at fault accident was maybe 15....my insurance is over 300/mo for full coverage and I even listed my car as a leisure vehicle since I never drive anywhere.  If I drove my vehicle into the office 5 days a week i bet it would be closer to 400/mo.  

I bounce back and forth between USAA and GEICO (currently GEICO) but it might be time to go back to USAA to see if I can get lower (though I doubt it).  

Insurance is ridiculous....but there's an increasing amount of uninsured drivers on the roadway which is driving up all our costs....why is there an increasing amount of uninsured drivers?  Cause it's expensive!

I received notification from USAA that they are raising their rates across the board with the usual cost impact statement.  I haven't had a claim on my insurance in at least 20 years. It's hard to gauge the exact impact because the general rate increase corresponded to the expected increase when I replaced 20 year old Toyota with a 2023 Honda.  I'll have to wait and see what my homeowner's does next month

And this was in the Washington Post today

https://wapo.st/3P2Bqgp

Drivers squeezed as auto insurance costs soar across the U.S.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Florida to California, dwindling insurance options - pally - 09-05-2023, 02:27 PM