Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Take Chase First Overall?!
(09-05-2023, 02:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I don't know of course and dislike giving fantasy advice, for when I'm wrong I feel guily about it.

I would, however, add to my thoughts that Chase competes with Higgins and Boyd for WR catches. Jefferson competes with Osborn and a rookie. Also, the defenses in the Vikings division are probably worse. And their primary RB is career backup Mattison, so running the ball might be less of a recipe for them then it even is for the Bengals with Mixon. These imho are all reasons to go with Jefferson.
But you also have to think that Chase has Burrow throwing him the ball and JJ has Cousins, who's good, but is also 35 and nowhere near Burrow's level.

He does have Higgins and Boyd to compete with for targets, but the Vikings also have Addison and Hockenson to compete for targets, as well as a better running game. 
(09-05-2023, 03:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: I suggest taking JJ over Chase.  There's no question that we all believe Chase to be equal (or better) than JJ but the rest of your league probably doesn't feel the same way.  Draft JJ and see if you can trade him for Chase and something else.

You don't think an improved offensive line can improve Chase's stats by one catch and ten yards? That's basically how far he was behind Jefferson in PPG.

Chase is going second if I don't take him first and I'm liking the pick more and more as I discuss it more.

Burrow's going to be so excited with Chase to pretty much play backyard football with since he has so much time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do I Take Chase First Overall?! - BFritz21 - 09-05-2023, 02:10 PM
RE: Do I Take Chase First Overall?! - BFritz21 - 09-05-2023, 04:38 PM