Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Liberal Media ignores Biden Scandal
(09-05-2023, 07:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Manafort was charged with various financial crimes including tax evasion, bank fraud, and money laundering. There were 18 criminal charges including 5 falsifications of income tax returns, 4 failures to file foreign bank account reports, 4 counts of bank fraud, and 5 counts of bank fraud conspiracy.

That was the Virginia case. There also was the Columbia case, where Manafort was charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States and actually did agree to a plea deal. Condition of that deal was that Manafort cooperates with the Mueller investigation. He later was found to have violated that agreement by lying to the investigators. He then was sentenced to 73 months in prison, 30 of which on conspiracy against the United states.

Which sure is not proof of a Trump-Russia collusion, but there's more to the dirt on Manafort than just tax and finance stuff. Not to mention the millions he took in for lobbying on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian parties, the whole "Hapsburg group" affair (quite an interesting quick google search if you've never heard of that) or his private briefings to Deripaska. Something he was not charged for, but which still happened nonetheless.

(09-05-2023, 07:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sounds like some of the things that HB could be charged with. 

Sure, except for the conspiracy charges (as far as I know now). Also, Hunter never was part of the Biden campaign and as far as I know was not involved in lobbying.

(09-05-2023, 07:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At the moment though, wouldn't Daddy be able to Pardon him before he leaves office? Maybe that's why they were trying to work out the plea deal so he couldn't be charged in the future.

Possible, or possibly because the next DOJ might be considered less favorable for him. As for the pardon, I have no indication that Joe would actually do that. Not if he wants to be reelected.

(09-05-2023, 07:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If there was nothing there, you wouldn't need that added protection.

It's possible. Never wanted to appear like I don't think it is, I see that whole plea deal with quite some scepticism too. But imho, at this point it's way more speculation as when the Trump campaign and its coordination efforts with Russian intelligence is concerned. The Roger Stone connection alone seems stronger than anything linking Joe Biden to the misdeeds of his douchebag son. As soon as that changes, I will not defend Joe Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liberal Media ignores Biden Scandal - hollodero - 09-05-2023, 07:43 PM