Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited!
(09-05-2023, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also, is depth assessed in any of these rankings?
I don't know the depth across other teams, but I know I have been less than impressed with most of the OL backups on the Bengals roster.
If there are any injuries to about any starting OL, I have very little confidence in the OL being even middle-of-the-pack.
Injuries to the right side have doomed the Bengals the past 2 years.

Honestly, I thought you were gonna go in another direction. I think depth is important, and I'm actually excited about ours. I've always used 3 years as the rule of thumb for OL development. If you think about the last two years, we were bringing along CV, JC, HA, Prince, Hill, Smith all in their first three years. Even Scharping, Cappa, Karras and Collins (and before them Reiff) were new bodies. 

Point being, we had a ton a guys who were just out of college, and another group who were trying to help us change the oil going full speed up the interstate. Besides OBJ coming in off the street and CV on the learning curve, that's not really the case anymore. JC, Smith and Hill are in their much ballyhooed third years. Cappa, Karras and Scharping (and later Collins) will know what to expect. We've been burned before, that's true, and it's important not to count the chickens before they're chickens, but I think we're in a good place.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-05-2023, 10:40 PM
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-06-2023, 07:36 PM
O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - BengalB - 09-07-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-11-2023, 05:20 PM