Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(09-06-2023, 12:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you want to get a shot, cool. I won't shame you for it. Don't shame me for not getting one. If you want to wear a mask, cool. They should never be mandated.

Live and let live. Freedom is a nice thing. Somehow it seems like some don't want to see it this way, but that's the core issue, here. At least as far as the division is concerned.

In my view, we should all be for personal freedom. I'd rather die free than live like a coward who is willing to concede choice "for the greater good".

To me and many others, "the greater good" is maintaining that freedom that many fought to protect. Some view that as an eye-rolling cliche. I do not.

We need more compromise in this country. There is no greater compromise than leaving things to personal choice. When you force a position on the people, it's always going to cause division. Always.

Just to push further on one particular topic, do you think personal freedom has a limit where you would be ok with a temporary loss of freedom? What if COVID had a 25% mortality rate instead of <1%? If not there, is there any level of mortality where you would be okay to comply with an enforced mandate to lock down/vaccinate/wear PPE etc.? I don't mean this as a "gotcha", just genuine curiosity. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again? - KillerGoose - 09-06-2023, 10:11 AM