Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(09-06-2023, 01:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I truly believe if Covid had a crazy excessive mortality rate across the board (all ages) then people would naturally take serious precautions.

When kids are practically not effected and the overall survivability is around 99% and the vast majority of deaths were the elderly with and without comorbidities, it becomes impossible, imo, to justify mask, vax and lockdown mandates.

I work in healthcare.  We were very busy, but never "overrun".

Then it was decided we should fire a crap ton of clinical staff who simply didn't want the vax and had already worked for over a year without it.

Just horrible optics and did nothing to help patients or keep people safe..  Also as stated earlier in the thread you had people cheering on the Summer of Love and a lot of those same people were screaming for me to be forced vaxed and masked.

I think they would as well, as that would be the "bodies in the street" type scenario that SSF described. I'm just curious where some peoples line is. For some, they would genuinely rather die than comply with the government, but I think they are the exception and less the rule. Most people are reasonable, despite what we may pull from the media.

I will say that at the time, my wife worked in healthcare as well. She was a sonographer. Here in Oklahoma, the hospitals were filled to the brim. They had converted several floors into holding units for COVID patients and she was worked to death. She ended up leaving healthcare after the pandemic ended. It was a terrible time for her. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again? - KillerGoose - 09-06-2023, 01:55 PM