Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(09-06-2023, 10:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just to push further on one particular topic, do you think personal freedom has a limit where you would be ok with a temporary loss of freedom? What if COVID had a 25% mortality rate instead of <1%? If not there, is there any level of mortality where you would be okay to comply with an enforced mandate to lock down/vaccinate/wear PPE etc.? I don't mean this as a "gotcha", just genuine curiosity. 

I do not. To me, the lockdowns are not living. I live in Michigan, which had arguably the worst lockdown. It didn't help the death count. It did cause a lot of suffering.

My family didn't even see a movie for 3 years, partly due to lockdown, partly due to the theaters either shutting down or changing hands and renovating (also due to lockdown).

Our yearly parades and all events were all canceled. We had very little reason to leave our house for almost 2 years. My personal anxiety and depression worsened.

My son was doing better in school than he ever had, then when physical school finally started back up, he just dropped out.

The lockdowns have a profound impact on everything from entertainment to schooling to mental health.

Either way, I feel this is moot because we aren't even close to that point and we already gave our rights away and set a precedent.

I still haven't personally known anyone who said Covid was worse than the flu, let alone anyone who died from it. I've heard second hand about people who died who already had pre-existing conditions or "co-morbitities", which seems to have inflated the numbers, as hospitals were receiving funding for covid, which makes me wonder if there was incentive to inflate those numbers with people who were likely already heading out, anyway.

Anyways, I feel I've strayed a bit here. For me, the answer is no and will always be no. I strongly value personal freedom, and will always raise an eyebrow when anything is used as an excuse to take it away.

Who was it that said "never let a good tragedy go to waste"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again? - Shake n Blake - 09-06-2023, 01:58 PM