Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
(09-06-2023, 12:31 PM)Dill Wrote: OtherMike, I'm not out to harass you; it's just you've raised a lot of questions for me lately.

In this case, I don't see why you think the people who rioted during the George Floyd protests did "way more damage"?

1/6 was an attempt to invalidate a presidential election, a disruption of the succession of power for
the entire United States. That's not the same as breaking into a laundromat to steal quarters or burn down
a gas station.

Your analogy is like comparing an assassination attempt on a president to a drive by shooting. The former has
infinitely greater consequences for the nation.

yes, it is worse to me. Anyone that thought Trump could over throw the government is a fool. He WISHES he had that kind of power.

Rioters were out there destroying private property, looting small businesses and hurting their cause all at the same time. Causing people to feel unsafe in areas where they used to not feel that way. Are you going to shop in an area where you feel unsafe? Businesses are closing cause of it, Innocent people that were trying to make a living supporting their family. So yea, that's way more important to me than Trump dreaming of overthrowing the Gov. I am not happy that people got killed or hurt from it, that part pisses me off.

(09-06-2023, 05:42 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: You're wasting your breathe. They will sink to any low to ignore or mitigate the actions of Trump and the nimrods around him.

All politicians are liars, some are just better at it, I'd rather have one that i know is a liar than to be suckered again and again and again into their bs.

The biggest reason i like Republicans is when there is a R POTUS, we usually get tax cuts, I feel that directly. And their hardline stance on immigration.

Democrats Scream Tax the wealthy! Yet it was their idea to cut the 70% tax rate to 50% during Reagans term and ofc he embraced it, as part of his tax cuts for everyone. In 1980, of the 517B collected in taxes, only 3-5B actually came from the 70% tax bracket, so it wasn't worth making it a political point as the Dems learned then. The rich, have plenty of other ways to avoid paying "income" tax, dividends on stock is just one quick example off the top of my head. I'm not in that group so I don't have to worry about learning all those tips and tricks like they do.

And every term it's tax the rich, but they rarely seem to, and if they do i don't feel it. What i do feel is that they won't cut taxes for the middle class, cause who the eff is gonna pay for all of those welfare safety nets they want to create?

Now i am i guess considered a Democrat on views that every USC should be medically covered. We should all be on the same plan and everything is covered and regulated by the Government and made not for profit. Top 10 reasons people file for bankruptcy? No 1. Medical expenses.

I think we need a complete overhaul on the education system. K-12. tons of money wasted there.

I don't think it's out of the realm to actually offer kids College education that want it, or at least a 2 year vocational school. That's currently missed opportunities to expand the tax base.

I don't know what all of the numbers are spent on for the military, but i'm sure there is cuts that can be found there. they aren't in the business of saving money, they are in the business of spending it all and asking for more. Tighten their belts and frivolous spending will decrease.

I'm against increasing spending on the wrong things and more for doing it on the right things. Not saying we shouldn't have any safety nets, but get that debt under control. We Spent $452B (that would have given every graduating HS student enough money to pay for 4 yrs college) on interest alone! At the rate we are going, by 29 it will be $1.1T.

Other things that need overhaul, Prisons, Adoptions, Infra Structure. On and on,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Mike M (the other one) - 09-06-2023, 08:12 PM