Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(08-19-2023, 05:07 PM)Dill Wrote: So I'm a little puzzled. I certainly understand why someone might be afraid to vote for Palin. She didn't know ANYTHING about government or history. Remember that Kuric interview in which she did not know what the Bush doctrine was and could not name any news sources--all "gotcha" questions to her base.

Or maybe you disqualified her for some other reason?

I asked because the same reasons which disqualified Palin in my eyes would also disqualify Trump. 

Side question for Luvnit--how did Obama start the great divide? Serious historical question, as I would trace that back to the FCC decision which freed broadcasting from "balance," Gingrich's GOPAC memo, and the Clinton Impeachment. Let's not argue pro or con. I'd just like to know the reasons as you see them. So looking for data, not an argument.  I'll read without responding/questioning/criticizing. Maybe a "thanx" if I can get your reasons, though. 

Obama didn't really start the great divide, it more or less happened on Dubya's watch, but 9/11 changed it for him and many unified under his watch.
It reverted back to unraveling on Obama's watch and has been getting worse since so bad that it gave rise to Hillary-Trump run off. 

All 3 of those guys are polarizing POTUS's (Hillary as well if she had won). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - Mike M (the other one) - 09-07-2023, 10:59 AM