Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
(09-07-2023, 01:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Use some common sense, there is NO WAY Trump could have succeeded, maybe pull off a stint for a couple days but not the long run. 
At best, re-counts would have been done in the states questioned and Trump wins, but the reality is, the results likely wouldn't have changed. out of 4.6k elections, only 27 qualified for re-counts, out of those 27, only 3 were overturned (Dems won all 3 recounts) so odds for Trump winning a recount?? 
Now tack on rioting from the General Populace, and Litigation and toss in some corrupt FBI and Trump would have been buried maybe even literally. 

You are giving Trump too much credit, he would have Effed it up somehow. Dude is his own worst enemy. I know you aren't that blind that you can't see that.

Lol I think Trump has quite earned the credit I am giving him. He is a massive problem in our politics and continues to be, though it's not just him. Without the RWM echoing his lies and platforming people to spin them into an alternative reality, the problem is not there. Just a reminder, I've always identified Fox and company as the primary driver of our political dysfunction.

And one of their primary tactics is "reverse verification." Whereas real journalists are looking for accuracy to fix/resolve ambiguity, the RWEC is going the other direction--taking accuracy/facts and ambiguating them, spinning up doubt where it wasn't or needn't be. Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!!!

This leads me to the bolded-- you may have missed my point. If, by 1/6, the MAGA world was not accepting recounts, what makes you think they would suddenly do so the fourth or fifth time around? They would not, and still don't. The election was rigged and so are the recounts. Just ask Kari Lake! Those GOP politicians who knew that Biden had indeed won--they would have pushed to have the vote turned to the House. Unlikely that would have worked, but then that would have been spun up as a Dem "coup" to keep the rightful winner out of office.  DEMS TRASH THE CONSTITUTION would have been the banner under Tucker Carlson's talking head the next day, even as behind the scenes he knew Trump's big lie was a lie, and complaining about what a disaster Trump was for the Right. Pence's refusal to overstep his ceremonial role avoided maximal damage for sure.

Also, this issue is not just whether he could succeed, but the disruption in the wake of the attempt. That's not just about riot damage, though I don't think the riots are over yet. It's about damage to the legitimacy of U.S. institutions which makes them and country ungovernable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Dill - 09-07-2023, 04:16 PM