Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(09-07-2023, 08:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. Over the years, one of the common talking points about the Trump led economy was that he inherited a strong economy and simply kept it going. I'm not an economist and that is likely a reductionist argument to a degree, but these data do show that the economy was doing quite well by the end of Obama's presidency. 

The key was doing well by the END OF OBAMA'S 2 TERMS. Trump had a robust economy and in spite of the WAPO liberal take in the article provided by SSF, Trump's economy was killed by the shutdown due to Covid and the 3 trillion needed to keep workers afloat.

I suggest if you want an apples to apples approach, then take Obama's first 4 years against Trump's 1st 4 years. Regardless, to dismiss how bad Bidenomics has been for the low and middle class is disrespectful to all of those people struggling to pay the rent. 

Yes, policy decisions do impact inflation. Trump had little to no inflation until the pandemic hit, Biden on the other hand has 16% inflation since he took office due to his energy policies and eagerness to inject climate change into a US not equipped yet to transition from gas to electric cars for example.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - Luvnit2 - 09-07-2023, 08:45 PM