Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-08-2023, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have a winner 

Look I'd love, LOVE, to keep Tee. My heart would be ecstatic! But my head knows it's probably not realistic. I'm old school I know but I still strongly believe football is won in the trenches. We have to continue to strengthen Oline. Build Dline with more and better pass rush. So, something has to give.  

You can't have a giant chunk of team money tied up in 3 offensive skill players and let everything else go.

I agree with this.

Tee Higgins is a really good example of exactly what the Salary Cap is designed to do; limit a team's ability to just become some all-star roster.

The Bengals are also a REALLY good example of the fact that while the NFL is changing to a QB/offence focused league... the old rules still count. Trenches and defence. Our defence in my opinion is what has pushed us through the playoffs the past two years, and the OL is where we have fallen short. 

Personally... the fact we're in a spot whereby we can't keep everybody, is indicative of us having a roster full of good players. Not always a spot the Bengals have been in. Losing Tee would suck, but it's a result of the Bengals otherwise putting a really good team together.

We'll have this little window with Burrow/Chase/Tee/Boyd all together, maybe just for this season, and then if it falls short we'll have to accept that we're paying Burrow to make lesser WRs good. If the maths works out then great, but I too think it'd be potentially quite silly to go all in on Burrow/Chase/Higgins and leave other spots in trouble.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-08-2023, 10:42 AM