Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-08-2023, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ultimately, money is most important to 99% of players. Even the ones we keep. Very few guys take a discount, and even when they do, it's not a huge discount. The guys want everyone to get paid, then talk a good talk about keeping everyone together, but it's all talk. They just want everyone to get paid as much as possible, so that THEY get paid more as a result.

For teams, they have to strike while the iron is hot. There is a window. Joe said it's his entire career, and of course he will say that. To an extent, it may be true. That said, it will get a LOT harder for the team to surround Joe with the necessary players. Judging by Mike's comments over the last couple years, I feel he knows this and is worried that all the pressure and criticism is going to once again fall on him and his family.

Fans won't point to Joe's contract (or the combined salaries of Joe, Chase and Tee if we keep them) for lack of success as much as they will point to the usual punching bags. The margin for error in the draft will become razor thin. We'll need to hit on more free agent bargains. It can definitely be done, but it wouldn't be surprising to see some relative down years in the future if we strike out on some picks.

Three of the four Teams in the AFC North have Paid Big Dollars to their QBs (Bengals/Browns/Ravens)

Lamar Jackson's health may be a roller coaster issue for the Ravens going forward.

The Browns still have 2024 Draft picks that they gave for Deshaun Watson that they won't be able to use. (Their 2024 1st and 4th I believe)

That leaves the Steelers who have Kenny Pickett on Lower dollars. They may continue to improve and challenge down the road but if Pickett 

plays well the Steelers will have to send some Big Money his way in a few years.

*I wouldn't trade places with any other AFC North Team. I like our chances with Burrow & our current Front Office but it will become more 

challenging as time goes by as you suggest.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - depthchart - 09-08-2023, 03:34 PM