Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-08-2023, 03:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: Three of the four Teams in the AFC North have Paid Big Dollars to their QBs (Bengals/Browns/Ravens)

Lamar Jackson's health may be a roller coaster issue for the Ravens going forward.

The Browns still have 2024 Draft picks that they gave for Deshaun Watson that they won't be able to use. (Their 2024 1st and 4th I believe)

That leaves the Steelers who have Kenny Pickett on Lower dollars. They may continue to improve and challenge down the road but if Pickett 

plays well the Steelers will have to send some Big Money his way in a few years.

*I wouldn't trade places with any other AFC North Team. I like our chances with Burrow & our current Front Office but it will become more 

challenging as time goes by as you suggest.

Good point and this does make me feel much better about our chances in the division for the next decade. That said, when I said "relative success" I was thinking about competing for championships. Even without a great roster, I think Joe and Chase (maybe Tee) will lead this team to the playoffs nearly every year. To compete for championships, that margin for error (especially if we sign all 3 to big deals) will be incredibly thin for Tobin and the Brown family.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - Shake n Blake - 09-08-2023, 04:03 PM