Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-08-2023, 03:54 PM)pally Wrote: needing papers for immigration is a 20th-century thing.  The US didn't really regulate immigration until 1824,  Entry visas became popular in the 1930s as countries sought to prevent Jewish immigration out of Germany.  Post WWII, they were used to manage refugees.

Empires fall for a number of reason but mostly due to falling fortunes and overreaching power in the hands of too few

Not about the papers. It’s about cultures coexisting. Conflicting values, fighting for resources, economic hardships and scapegoating, all these things put us in danger of the “tribes” turning on each other. I mean, we’re already in a culture war. Not to mention, the people crossing the border illegally typically aren’t exactly doctors or software engineers. Low-skilled workers driving down wages, saving the rich business owners lots of $$

Like I said, we are the only country I know of where strong borders is actually a controversial issue. Scandinavia is supposedly the most progressive place on earth, they kick asylum seekers out of the country after 2 years. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - LSUfaninTN - 09-08-2023, 05:53 PM