Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
I have not read all comments yet so if this was covered, I apologize. The Bengals have 94 million in cap space right now excluding the Burrow contract that has yet to be posted.

They have 5 starters that are free agents:
Reader - unlikely to get another huge deal as he will be on the other side of 30
Boyd - He is our 3rd WR and makes over 10 million in 2023. He is also over 30 so if he wants to be paid big bucks again, he will need to sign elsewere
Jonah Williams - He is year one at RT, if he kills it Bengals may try and keep him and it won't be cheap
Awuzie - will demand a huge contract if he plays great in 2023
Tee - Higgins - I think he is the priority of the 5 starters due to his age

Bengals have Collins under contract in 2024, but could save 7 million next year and spend on Jonah or Tee
Mixon - Bengals could save almost 6 million by cutting or trading Joe in 2024

Bengals have all of their 2023 draft picks on the 53, will they progress?
Will D.J. Turner prove to be the replacement for Awuzie?
Can Collins take over at RT once healthy in 2024 for Jonah?
Can Jones or Iosivas replace Boyd?
Can Carter or another DT replace Reader?

The Bengals draft for not only the current year, but for the future. The coaches hopefully can develop our younger players. If these guys and next years rookie class can progress quickly, some of our holes disappear and we can focus a ton of cap money we have left on the right player for our future.

I can see Tee being signed or tagged in 2024. He could also be tagged and then traded if they can't work out a deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - Luvnit2 - 09-08-2023, 10:17 PM