Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(09-08-2023, 10:38 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: [*]

No. The amount we produce is only one factor… the main one is that it is not keeping up with the demand. We currently import 25% of our oil needs. The Keystone pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels a day before moron castrated it. That is not an insignificant number considering we use 20 million a day. Not to mention, employed 11,000 people. When you add to that the fact that Biden paused new leases on federal land, added a lot of red tape for permits, spent so much time shit talking oil companies to the point where Saudi Arabia laughs their asses off when he begs them to produce more because he’s coming from a place of weakness… I mean, the dude has crippled us. If you don’t realize that, then sorry, I can’t help ya there. 

It is mind blowing how much the media protects this guy. Trump made a typo on a tweet and they were saying he had dementia… Biden shakes hands with a ghost, all’s quiet on the western front. Trump says a positive thing about Putin, he’s “colluding.” Biden lets a spy balloon fly over military bases, all’s quiet on the western front again. He’s an absolute embarrassment in not only how he conducts himself but also his policies. I truly don’t get it. 

Where did you get those gas prices. Prices in 2019 were never less than $2.00

I’m sure that Stewy can explain this far better than I can but different types of crude oil are produced in different parts of the world. For example they have different sulfer levels in it. These different grades of crude are often used to produce different products. Not all refineries handle all types of crude. US refineries rely a lot on crude with low sulfer content. Some of that needs to be imported. Additionally, getting the crude out of the ground is significantly cheaper in Saudi Arabia than say Alaska. Therefore profit margins are often better, even factoring shipping costs, to import oil to refine than it is to use domestically produced oil.

The whole petroleum industry is complicated. It is a worldwide commodity that is affected by worldwide events. The shutdown of a relatively minor pipeline that existed only on paper is not going to affect prices in the long term. And those mythical 11000 jobs they claim would be produced were temporary construction jobs. Permanent jobs would have been fewer than dozen

If we want energy independence, we have to lessen our reliance on petroleum and other fossil fuels
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - pally - 09-09-2023, 01:22 AM