Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-09-2023, 01:02 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He didnt.  I am agreeing and pointing out why neither would be interested in signing for a little less.  And really why would they sign for less when Burrow took everything he could?  Would it make sense to you for Tee to take any kind of discount when Burrow didnt?  No Tee will go after everything he can get just like Burrow.  Despite what these guys may say and no matter how much they talk about keeping the team together, when all is said and done, its all about money.

Yeah I do think the players want to play for a championship narrative is exaggerated by fans. Sure a player in they're last couple years may let that be a factor or a wr might take a 1 year deal to play with a good QB and showcase they're talent. But for the most part they want what the market says they should get. But I do think it's about more than the individual player. All the QBs took a little higher than the last making it more lucrative for the next guy. 

I will say it became obvious Burrow was gonna be the highest paid player the market really just set it up that way. I think if it was really all about the money he could've been asking for more and let it drag into next year which would've give the Bengals less years to spread the cap hit. We've seen players leave for not a lot more money in the past and I think the WR market is really high right now and Tee was probably always going to be getting too much for the Bengals to match.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - NUGDUKWE - 09-09-2023, 07:29 AM