Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(08-09-2023, 01:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Shut things down for a couple weeks, maybe a month I agree with.  Long term shutdowns were horrible for so many people for so many reasons.   

I simply don't believe there would have been much more death with or without the lockdowns.

We are still suffering because of it and the vax is questionable.  We didn't need it to not lock down and it has caused it's own set of issues for a multitude of people.

On this particular issue he was 10000000000000% correct.

It may make me an asshole, but I don’t really care if there were more deaths without. I don’t think people realized what long term damage we were doing to kids, and the economy, by shutting it down. The dems basically treated it like they treat puberty blockers… they think it just pauses things and it goes back to normal when you want it to. The “culture war” got more pronounced, people went nuts, kids are testing poorly, the economy was decimated… the Covid shutdowns may have been the country’s “stick a fork in us we’re done” type situation, we just haven’t seen the entire scope of it yet. 

Anecdote: I’m a recovering alcoholic, 3 of my friends from rehab relapsed and died during Covid after almost a year of sobriety. Social isolation and lack of work over the span of 8 months were too triggering for them. Me personally, I had to move out of L.A. and start a new life (I’m a musician) after having put the blood, sweat, and tears in to make a successful living for 11 years there. Music isn’t exactly a “transfer when you get a job” type business either. It really screwed me. It didn’t seem to matter to anyone, like, no one gave a shit. But hey, at least a few 80 year olds got to live a few extra years. 

Trump was right about it. It doesn’t take a genius to see that shutting down the country as if it were the black plague would have dire consequences. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - LSUfaninTN - 09-09-2023, 11:00 AM