Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-09-2023, 07:34 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: People are so quick to say just draft a new RB when the deal is up. I like Tee a lot and if I could choose and money wasn't an issue I'd keep him. But we can draft a #2 wide receiver in the 2nd round most years. 

Yep. 

This is a business and as much as we all love Tee and would rather keep him, it's not a sound financial decision to pay an elite QB and 2 #1 WRs at the same time, i don't care how it's structured (because that structure only works for the first couple years). 

It's unfair to Tee to ask/expect him to take less than he's worth. If he ends up on another team, i'll still be a fan and appreciate what he did for the Bengals. 

Only 1 team pays 2 WRs 20M+ and they just signed their QB to a monster deal so when the time comes, one of them will most likely be gone.

Yoshi and Jones are good WRs who will do well with Burrow throwing them the ball and while they likely will not match Higgins output, his numbers will be covered by committee and as you said, there's always quality WRs available in rd2 of the draft and the Bengals have a long history of drafting really good ones in the 2nd.

Chase has been, and should always be the priority. He's a legit top 2 WR in the NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - rfaulk34 - 09-09-2023, 11:28 AM