Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(03-15-2023, 03:43 PM)GodFather Wrote: Obviously we are keeping Joe, so that is a no brainer. But keeping Tee with Joe and soon Chase, thats going to cost us alot of money. I know people aren't happy with so many players leaving in FA but this is what happens when we sign the big contracts coming up. Something will have to give.

I am just ECSTATIC we still have Lou and the other coaches. That is key. Those guys are going to find people to fit the system. Let them work their magic. They haven't let us down yet so let just let the process play out this offseason with FA and the draft.

We will be back on top competing for the ring this upcoming year...and the guys who left most likely wont but they will be getting whats most important to them..their money.
However Joe Burrow entire style of play at LSU and Bengals is to have many targets to throw to, and let Joe go into a Hurry Up when he is Hot and D can't keep up with how fast the plays are coming.   For that Bengals need Chase and Higgins and I like having Boyd.  There is no point keeping Burrow if you do not give him enough targets to do the Joe Burrow Attack.  We do not want to go back to the days of every pass to a Chad Johnson or every pass to AJ Green.  Defenses can cover that way to easy.  What defenses can't cover is a Joe Burrow with all these great receivers.  You know why Montana beat us in last seconds to Taylor ?  Because too many Bengals had to cover Rice.  Too many WR's to cover. 

As for salary cap, I look for salary cap in NFL to go way up due to all the Quarterbacks getting such a pay increase.  Not just Quarterbacks either, many positions are seeing player salaries sky rocket through the roof.   So the Salary Cap on NFL teams is going to have to go way up,  and that opens up cap space to keep Chase and Higgins and still keep other needed players on Offense and Defense. 

With Montana, Allen, Burrow and all these QB's greatly increasing what an NFL Teams Quarterback now makes, plus the money Nick Bosa just got on Defense, Salary Caps will go UP.  They have to.  The NFL can't keep the caps low if salaries are going up.  The room to keep Chase AND Higgins will be there, and if you want Joe Burrow LSU and Bengals style, you have to give Burrow many top targets to spread the ball around and wear Defenses out. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - kevin - 09-09-2023, 12:44 PM