Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(09-09-2023, 12:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Since none of us likely here have much true insight in agents and players we are all guessing and surmising. And I definitely think yours is a solid post. But agents have to truly have their clients best interest. They must follow their wishes. But they also have to do their job. I believe players that care about their current team and the salary cap won’t demand unreasonable salaries. Not sure how many of those guys exist lol. But we’ve seen players restructure deals to accommodate Free Agents. I think that Tee’s negotiations are just that. I don’t think it’s a lost cause or very optimistic but it’s fluid. I can see Joe and Chase restructure down the road but doesn’t look like now.

Yeah, restructuring is a good point. It doesn't need to be done right now. Who knows the market will look like when Tee comes up. They're also not all negotiating at once around the same table. In a sense, they don't have to necessarily share the same "pie"- they can eat at different times and to some extent take from different pies. Now whether one of them has to leave the "kitchen" remains to be seen...

This analogy is awful lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - tms - 09-09-2023, 01:00 PM