Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-09-2023, 11:51 AM)hollodero Wrote: I admit that is a sensitive topic, and there's a good argument to be made that at times illegal immigrants might be treated with too much leniency. Then again, the argument that they cost the state shitloads of money is questionable at best, as is them stealing away jobs (have you seen the US unempoyment rates? They are low), and depending on the case having a heart is not despicable. Eg when you have someone who is here for decades, with children that only know the US, that work, get no social benefits, aren't criminal... you can give those people a path to citizenship, that's not an outlandish thing to do. Others that came here recently for example, or defrauf the US, do dirty things, ok sure, deport them, maybe even more staunchly perhaps (I don't know about that for sure one way or another). But to round everyone up and deport everyone without any chance of making their case to stay, that might just be unnnecessary cruel.

Nothing sensative about it.  Commit a crime and be held accountable.  Want to fix the immigration problem?  It's VERY easy.  Start rounding up all illegals and deport them immediately.  Secure the border.  Put policies in place that severely deter illegals from illegally entering the country such as no housing, no job, no healthcare, no nothing.  Super easy.  Pols are just too big of p!@#$ to do it.  That and pols can use it for political leverage.

Been here for decades?  So if someone murders someone we let them go becuase it's been 2 decades?  How about robbing a bank.  All good after a couple decades?   Cruel to arrest them at that point?  I'm tired of the feelz infecting everything.  Cruel to the children?  Blame the parents who willingly broke into a foreign coutry.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - Mickeypoo - 09-09-2023, 04:44 PM