Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Biden's lack of stopping Illegal immigrants
(08-31-2023, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: Until Congress stops using immigration as a political talking point and finally fixes the LEGAL immigration system, there is no hope of ever stopping illegal immigration.  Give people a legal avenue of realistically immigrating in a reasonable time period and the incentive to come illegally goes away.

Right now from Mexico, it can take up to 20 years to be able to legally immigrate to this country and then it can take just as long to obtain citizenship or even a green card the backlog is so high

Fixes the legal immigration system? Who are these people that take up to 20 years? I have MANY friends in L.A. who got their citizenship in their mid twenties, and they weren’t fighting for it when they were 5 years old. We also have birthright citizenship. Half the countries in Europe, a “more progressive” part of the world, including the Uber progressive Scandinavian countries, don’t have that. They also don’t allow refugees indefinite stays. The difficulty to immigrate here is overblown. And here’s the kicker… no one is entitled citizenship to another country. Sorry, life isn’t fair. I tried to get my citizenship in Denmark when I played in a Danish band, who had a lot of pull since they were the biggest act in the country at the time. I failed. Their producers, on the other hand, got citizenship in the US in a couple years. 

Illegal immigration is inevitable, but it is not impossible to cut down on drastically. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's lack of stopping Illegal immigrants - LSUfaninTN - 09-09-2023, 08:44 PM