Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-10-2023, 10:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yes, that is what I meant.  I was responding to the comments about people being here illegally for decades and also what if they were children.  I was saying that we don't forgive poeple who rob a bank or murder just because a certain amount of time has passed.

Still, that is putting an illegal border crossing on the same level as heineous crimes. Of course society does not forgive murder. But it still should forgive comparatively minor offenses, decades after the deed was done.
Hence, I find this analogy to be off. Which does not excuse my behaviour, I was not at my best for sure. I'm sorry for that.

Also, I do not condone illegal border crossings. And it's true, it seems the US makes it quite easy to do so. Folks can not only enter easily (not due to a lack of a border wall, but because Visa overstays are an uncomplicated way to stay illegally), they later also find a home and work, without permits, so there's other guilty parties involved as well. Including a government that seems quite lenient to check up on this. It's almost as if illegals and their cheap labor is actually welcomed.
A party that is not guilty are children from illegal immigrants. If deported, they get punished for their parents' deed, and I find that to be unfair. Even more so since they usually do not hurt anyone (if they're criminal, I'm all for deportation) and will contribute to society, now or in the future.

(09-10-2023, 10:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Anyway, have a good day and Who-Dey!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, who dey!

Good day to you too. Thanks for reacting this way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - hollodero - 09-10-2023, 10:22 AM