Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited!
(09-10-2023, 08:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its a combination of things.  First is coaching.  Pollack is just not a good O-line coach.  Also, Taylor refusing to play his starters in preseason ALWAYS comes back to hurt this team.  The first two preseason games for the O-line cant be the first two games of the regular season playing against Cleveland and Baltimore.  Its too late by that point.  Taylor has learned exactly nothing from his mistakes of not playing the starters in preseason.  And yet he does it every single year and we hear excuses why that's not the problem.  Taylor is a mediocre head coach that has success because he has a great DC that keeps the Bengals in every game and because on offense he just has a team loaded with talent at the skill positions.  As far as being a good X's and O's coach, he is not good.

As far as people expecting the O-line to be great this year, why would anybody think that?  We have one good LT in Brown. One slightly above average guard in Cappa.  Karras is a mediocre center, Volson was below average and Williams led the NFL in sacks allowed at 12 last year and allowed 8 the year before when he was "healthy".  All those parts dont equal a great line, they equal a mediocre line.

I think Taylor is a good coach and a bad OC. Gameplanning is suspect too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-05-2023, 10:40 PM
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-06-2023, 07:36 PM
O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - BengalB - 09-07-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2023, 10:58 PM
RE: O-Line Rankings Have Me Excited! - tms - 09-11-2023, 05:20 PM