Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(09-08-2023, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you're a libertarian I sincerely hope you stop justifying and entertaining Trump's BS.  You and I are supposed to want 3 parties, and Trump and the MAGA folks are gunning to make sure we only have 1 political party.

I’ve voted 3 times in my life for third party. MAGA doesn’t care if there’s a 2nd party, but they’re not pushing for it, they just REALLY like Trump. For the record, even though I’d like a third party, we’re just not set up that way, for better or for worse. You do have to acknowledge that the two party system turned us into a powerhouse within a few decades. There’s something to be said about that.

I’m not justifying Trump’s rhetoric. He’s a toddler and the way he conducted himself even in the first Republican debate was an embarrassment. Who talks about penis size and hand size in a debate? He brought down the professionalism of the office. That, I’m sure we can agree on. That being said, Trump has conducted himself much more professionally, at least in the Tucker interview. I know, that’s not saying much, but it’s something.

I care about Trump’s policies. For all the Russia crap people made up, he was way harder on Russia than Obama was. Why I’m voting Trump: I care about strong borders, limited federal government, energy independence. I care about not putting trans crap in the kids’ section at Target. If someone’s trans, great. But don’t confuse the shit out of 6 year olds. It’s a problem when my girlfriend’s kid comes home and thinks she’s trans, and her best friend is “trans” too. I care about holding the psychotic woke left accountable for… being psychotic, instead of just letting them go off the deep end with impunity. I care about merit based things and diversity of ideas as opposed to skin color. I don’t care about abortion (I don’t think Trump does either, btw) or religion (again, you can’t tell me Trump is actually a Christian). I’m pro gay marriage. Legalization of drugs… not sure… but that’s because I’m in recovery. All in all, no matter who the candidate is, the left is going to paint them out as a racist bigot anyway, even if it’s Tim Scott (I wish, but he’s got no shot). That’s how ridiculous they’ve become.

As much as I hate that he’s the candidate, it’s a no brainer for me. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - LSUfaninTN - 09-11-2023, 01:41 AM