Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-10-2023, 10:22 AM)hollodero Wrote: Still, that is putting an illegal border crossing on the same level as heineous crimes. Of course society does not forgive murder. But it still should forgive comparatively minor offenses, decades after the deed was done.
Hence, I find this analogy to be off. Which does not excuse my behaviour, I was not at my best for sure. I'm sorry for that.

Also, I do not condone illegal border crossings. And it's true, it seems the US makes it quite easy to do so. Folks can not only enter easily (not due to a lack of a border wall, but because Visa overstays are an uncomplicated way to stay illegally), they later also find a home and work, without permits, so there's other guilty parties involved as well. Including a government that seems quite lenient to check up on this. It's almost as if illegals and their cheap labor is actually welcomed.
A party that is not guilty are children from illegal immigrants. If deported, they get punished for their parents' deed, and I find that to be unfair. Even more so since they usually do not hurt anyone (if they're criminal, I'm all for deportation) and will contribute to society, now or in the future.

Oh yeah, who dey!

Good day to you too. Thanks for reacting this way.

My problem with it as it's setup now. Why come here illegally when you have a good chance to come in on a refugee/asylum visa?
I'm thinking that the majority of those coming illegally now likely won't be approved (for whatever reason), and we don't need that type here.
Also crime does go up, Illegals prey on other Illegals, why would an illegal report something to the police and draw attention to themselves and get deported? That's just common sense. 

As far as  VISA overstays? If yours expires, they will find you. Seen many get picked up and deported.  They know where you live and work. They will eventually catch you and you are in bigger trouble (as in banned for x years) if they have to catch you vs leaving on your own voluntarily. 

As far as the kids go, there's no easy way to handle that. It's a catch 22, no real way to win. The Adults are the ones breaking the laws, they know the risks yet take them anyways and in some cases they are trying to use the kids in order to stay. It's a nasty business but laws are laws and as soon as you try to make exceptions, people will try to exploit it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - Mike M (the other one) - 09-11-2023, 10:58 AM