Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honest question for Trump supporters
(09-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't hate Trump so much as I hate that he got into politics and I hate that we have 2 measly parties, and I hate that he's become the only option for one of our two choices and I hate hate HATE that it just so happens to be the one of the two parties that can win despite getting millions fewer votes and then when he loses in the manner that counts according to the GOP (the EC) he claims it was rigged.

We can talk policy about Trump in 2016 and even 2020, but Trump 2024 is basically the "Trump should be able to do whatever he wants" party. As Americans we are only given 2 choices, and we aren't even doing those 2 choices right. Sucks to suck.

Agreed. My problem is the way in which the American people seem to be so accepting of this decline of democratic principles. I'm a firm believer of the phrase "love the sinner, hate the sin." I don't dislike anyone, really. Okay, maybe a few people that I cannot let go of a grudge against from a long time ago. Regardless, my issues are with the the actions, with the willingness that our citizenry will forego the foundations of our nation. Sincerely, I despair for the path our country is headed down.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honest question for Trump supporters - Belsnickel - 09-11-2023, 12:16 PM