Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When Did Cordell Volson Become hot shit?
(09-11-2023, 02:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I really don't like Myles Garrett. Whatever

Honestly there are very few centers in the league that have any shot of stopping that rush. They went with a wide 9 look which was going to force both guards to turn outward and provide zero help. The dribbbling motion with the hands was a bit theatric, however his movement was intentional. The centers vision isn't great when snapping and so Garrett moving side to side has the center guessing how he is going to block while also trying to focus on a clean snap. 

Frankly, this setup allows Garrett to rush like an edge versus an interior lineman. Look how he set him up inside then made an outside move. This isn't something centers deal with...like ever. If this is how Cleveland is going to use Garrett I would hammer the over on his sack total for the year and I'd grab DPOY as well. Now, the reason they can do this is because we were empty. This was a something I am guessing they put in specifically because of our tendency to get empty. We know Garrett isn't going to cover from there so we bring the HB back in and put him in an ALI check (Right behind Center and Guard) like we did yesterday. 

The other thing we need to consider is Joe's inability to run yesterday really hurt us. He got on the edge multiple times and instead of running either threw a weak check down or literally threw the ball in the ground. In reality, one way to play this is slide the line and motion a receiver into the slide and crack the widest guy. This would get burrow on the endge in man coverage with a two way go of either running the ball or throwing down field against one on one coverage. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Did Cordell Volson Become hot shit? - Au165 - 09-11-2023, 02:45 PM