Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
I was really hoping someone else would post this. I'm known as the 2A guy here and my bringing this up will trigger some predictable responses. That said, this is far to egregious an action to not discuss here.

https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque-guns-governor-concealed-carry-firearms-reject-ec5e8d57abc15687dd1b39d8cc197d96

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham has banned all carrying of firearms in Albuquerque in response to recent shootings by criminals. In so doing she deliberately acknowledges that she is violating the Constitution and states n amendment is "absolute" nor is her oath to the Constitution.

EDIT: Start the video at 1:09 for the relevant bit, for some reason time stamps won't embed here.

Thankfully people who aren't rampant authoritarians such as local law enforcement and the DA's office have flat out said they will not enforce this ban, calling it blatantly unconstitutional. Even far left anti-gunners Ted Lieu and David Hogg are on record saying this is a blatantly unconstitutional action.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liberals-turn-new-mexico-governor-gun-suspension-violates-us-constitution

"I support gun safety laws. However, this order from the Governor of New Mexico violates the U.S. Constitution. No state in the union can suspend the federal Constitution. There is no such thing as a state public health emergency exception to the U.S. Constitution," California Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu tweeted.

So, let's put our money where our mouth is. The governor flat out admitted she was intentionally violating the Constitution, because she has that power. She should not only be ousted from office but any applicable criminal charges should be filed as well. We hear a lot about protecting our democracy here. This is a clear threat to our system of government and our rights. I'm sure we're all in agreement, yes?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-12-2023, 01:09 PM