Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(09-12-2023, 01:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote:[/url]I guess for some, though, there is no such thing as non-gendered "authority in general." It's all inflected by gender to some degree. That is
a very traditional view of gender relations, which sees them as defined more by "nature" than by culture. 

No one made that argument, typically disingenuous statement.  What was argued is that there is a difference between male authority figures and female, especially in the area of child development.   If that were not the case then why do children do significantly better in father led single parent households than female led single parent households?  The link has been provided, but predictably none of you responded to it because it hurts your position.

If an argument is not attributed to anyone then there is no need to say "no one made that argument"--and add a personal attack. 
I don't doubt you "see" disingenuousness everywhere in my posts; but that's what tends to skew your responses. E.g., that's why you so often
respond to claims which are not made. "Keep the murderer or rapist at home to raise their kids."

Your link is a journalist discussing a book and three studies which, he concludes, suggests that fathers who get custody of children may be "exceptionally motivated" to be good parents. Nothing there about "male authority."  How does that hurt "our" position? Or what do you think that "position" is? 

But while we are on the subject of arguments "no one made," you might explain why you need to frame differences in parental gender as differences in "authority" rather than just differences in gender roles or sex, as does John Spivey, the author you linked to?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Dill - 09-12-2023, 01:49 PM