Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a stupid automotive question
(06-09-2015, 04:53 PM)xxlt Wrote: The car is a 2002 Ford Explorer. (I have no idea what a blend door is but I am curious if it could have been damaged in an accident.)

(06-09-2015, 05:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't know about the first but it sounds like a couple of wires are exposed and the current is jumping and the second one sounds like the blend door actuator may be stuck or it may be loose and flapping to the force of the air flowing. This can be expensive to replace especially if the dashboard needs to be removed.

Neb is correct.  My neighbor had the same issue in his '02 Ford Expedition with the blend door.  It is essentially a door that changes the system from hot air to cool air, hence the term blend door.  His was a faulty motor, I think, but if the switch was moved all the way to cold, or all the way to hot, the motor kept trying to close off the opposite side, and you get that noise you describe.  The dash will have to come out, and that won't be cheap.

I'd say your other issue is a faulty wiper switch, or possibly a relay.  I know how to check the problem with a voltmeter to tell you which one it is, but you aren't in the Bluegrass area......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ask a stupid automotive question - xxlt - 06-09-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Ask a stupid automotive question - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-09-2015, 05:54 PM