Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(09-12-2023, 04:47 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: My parents were divorced when I was 8.  My mom told me that when she explained that my dad would be leaving I said "Now I can do what I want".  My mom was bad with discipline, my dad, not so much.  lol.

I lived with my mom until I was 12 at which time I decided to go live with my dad.  I had a much more structured and disciplined environment.  The reason I chose to go with my dad were dumb kid reasons.  He had a house, so much more space then the small cramped apartment, more things to do that interested me, my 2 half sisters were there (not a dumb reason.  lol).

Anyway, my point is that I can look back and see first hand how having a father in the house makes a big difference.  At least for me, but I would imagine this is more of a normal human family structure thing.

This probably a delicate question but when your mom said she could "do want she wants" was a reflection of her wanting to do things that were wild and crazy or a reflection on not having your father telling her what she could and couldn't do?

Maybe you needed that discipline and maybe others do too and they get it from their mother and not their father?  That's not to dismiss your experience just to note that it is YOURS...not everyone's.  

Many times I have seen women get out of relationships and "go wild" because they swung too far out from a controlling person.  And that goes for chidden leaving home for the first time and people separating or divorcing.

Personally, I come from a home with two parents.  We had the normal life growing up and when I got to college I didn't go wild because of religious fear but I went wilder than I was because I didn't have someone telling me what to do.  All I'm saying is that happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - GMDino - 09-13-2023, 08:48 AM