Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.25 Average
Is the offense missing that true burner at WR?
(09-12-2023, 10:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals had a Travis Kelce, with his talent and reasonable TE salary, they would need a lot less talent among other receivers.

Why, so he could be on the team and underutilized?  Zac Taylor's offensive philosophy favors the 3 WR sets, where the TE is an extra blocker and outlet receiver.  In order to feature a TE as a primary weapon in an offense, one of two things needs to happen. A, you must be able to adequately pass protect with 5 OL and a RB, or B, you must feature a 2 TE set and be fluid and comfortable both running and passing from that formation.

We already know that option A is not really viable at this time, as the Bengals failed to adequately protect versus Cleveland using 7 blockers on many plays.  As for option B, I would like to see more 2 TE formation usage, but in order to do that one WR has to come off of the field.  Who are you putting on the bench, Tyler Boyd? He makes a lot of money to be riding the pine.  Besides, Zac Taylor really likes the 3 WR offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the offense missing that true burner at WR? - SunsetBengal - 09-13-2023, 09:53 AM