Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(09-13-2023, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: This probably a delicate question but when your mom said she could "do want she wants" was a reflection of her wanting to do things that were wild and crazy or a reflection on not having your father telling her what she could and couldn't do?

Maybe you needed that discipline and maybe others do too and they get it from their mother and not their father?  That's not to dismiss your experience just to note that it is YOURS...not everyone's.  

Many times I have seen women get out of relationships and "go wild" because they swung too far out from a controlling person.  And that goes for chidden leaving home for the first time and people separating or divorcing.

Personally, I come from a home with two parents.  We had the normal life growing up and when I got to college I didn't go wild because of religious fear but I went wilder than I was because I didn't have someone telling me what to do.  All I'm saying is that happens.

I don't understand the first part.  None of that is what I said.  My mom didn't say she could do what she wants.  Did you read what I wrote?

I specifically said it was my experience, meaning others may vary.

I gave this personal experience because it is a first hand, lived example of what is being discussed.  Fathers in the house and male authority figures vs female.

I honestly don't understand most of what you said because you are not responding to the words I actually typed.  

Can you please re-read my post?

My mom was a loving, caring, wonderful person.  She just couldn't discipline; she needed my dad for that.  She has been gone for close to 11 years now.  Cancer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Mickeypoo - 09-13-2023, 10:03 AM