Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(09-13-2023, 02:27 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Brand new league bro. Still working out a few details. It's difficult to change rules after the season kicks in. We'll be tweaking some of those things for next season. Ts, I disagree about RP and hitting being irrelevant. SP pitching was the key this season, but we will reign that in come next season. A great game by a SP should never reach more than 40-50 points, and I mean GREAT game like no hitter type shit.   Regardless, we are happy to have you guys. All input is appreciated and weighed with serious consideration. We have a solid core of active managers and will continue to try and improve on that moving forward. We will also address some of the faults in the scoring this year, trust me, we are aware. Best of luck to both of you guys. FBB is a long season, and it takes dedication to compete and stay relevant. 

Make the most of your playoff spot. Trust me when I tell you that April is salty. She's a solid competitor. Nothing like going to sleep with tie and in, then waking up to a 2 point loss and being out after ESPN's "points adjustment".  

There are a lot of moving parts for scoring in FBB. We missed a few things only to realize it after the season started. I will give you a similar reference. Bfine adjusted the scoring so that tackles counted as a point in the football league. It is a big step in the right direction. Unfortunately, he only included solo tackles. Shared tackles should have been counted as half a point. So, a player may accumulate 12 tackles at the IDP position in the box score, but if only 3 were solo tackles that is all you will get credit for with the current scoring system.  

Anyways, appreciate you guys being in the BB league and we will continue to make the proper changes to make it consistent and right.  

I feel you on working out the details. I'm not upset or anything. My comment was more of an observation and I stand by the opinion that SP proved vital to success. I think the best weekly strategy was have as many SPs go as possible to rack up points even for mediocre to below average starts. I didn't even bother with my hitters at times when there were injuries or slumps because I knew my SP could carry me just by getting in some innings.

It is definitely a competitive and active league so I'm happy to play again next year! Maybe I'll luck out and have to defend my championship.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - TecmoBengals - 09-13-2023, 12:09 PM