Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-13-2023, 10:02 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: 4) Re: overthrowing the election. I’d call that a wash, with the exception that Trump had more than enough reason to raise an eyebrow at the legitimacy of the election. It was rigged, flat out. The Dems, Twitter and the FBI colluded, and if you refuse to see that, I can’t help ya there. I’ll also point out that the 2016 election was contested because of possible Russia collusion. They found none, and fabricated the Steele dossier. Sorry man, that's prime fascism.

This just is the point where I have issues with your stance, how you throw the term fascism out there. That doesn't make much sense to me. The FBI did not expose the laptop story, just as much as they did not expose a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. They just don't do that. All that was around were unconfirmed allegations from folks like Rudy Giuliani. Who has a demonstrable track record of promoting fake stories. He deserved all the scrutiny he got.
One can discuss mistakes made, or even bias shown, over a laptop in FBI possession not being confirmed (that, as of now, still does not implicate Joe Biden) as a true story. I would even agree with that. But fascism? Isn't it part of your own stance that one should not use that word lightly?

And what you call possible collusion stemmed from a real story about Russian election meddling. That was not fake at all. Couple that with a candidate that by all appearances is the beneficiary, says quite some weird stuff (he just did, not my fault) and hires quite some Russia-affine people like Manafort Flynn and then some, and of course the media has a story, with special councels and all. If that were all about Hillary, FOX would have had a 24/7 story too. You can credibly accuse the media of sensationalizing, and certainly of severe bias, but again, fascism?

Same goes for the steele dossier, that was just dirty opposition research that did not come out before the election - one wonders why the anti-Trump FBI did not just leak it just in time before the election. Why not do that as a corrupt FBI agent? If they really were in cohouts with Democrats, they would have. That the dossier itself triggered the investigations into the Trump campaign or was the one central element in said investigations is just a wrong narrative and you know it. Yet you use it to make a fascism claim. That is a bit dishonest, imho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - hollodero - 09-13-2023, 10:25 PM