Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-15-2023, 10:16 AM)Dill Wrote: I think you may be conflating "rule of law" with "law and order." One may easily support the latter separate from the former.

rule of law, the mechanism, process, institution, practice, or norm that supports the equality of all citizens before the law, secures a nonarbitrary form of government, and more generally prevents the arbitrary use of power. Arbitrariness is typical of various forms of despotism, absolutismauthoritarianism, and totalitarianism.
A distinction without a substantive difference.  Without the rule of law there will be no law and order.  When DA's routinely ignore the law to the benefit of criminals and the detriment of the citizenry that erodes both.

Quote:Apparently not.  I just asked a question. Why the unnecessarily hostile tone?

Because you'd have to be living under a rock to not notice the increase in criminality within the last three years.  It's only on the news every single night.  So either you are wholly ignorant of current events, which I don't believe to be the case, or your question was not sincere.  Unless you want to parse hairs, which would surprise absolutely no one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-15-2023, 10:53 AM