Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honest question for Trump supporters
(09-15-2023, 11:05 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: He did not sic a mob on the Capitol. Enough of that. If it were a BLM riot and the Capitol were burned down, the media would've called it a "fiery but mostly peaceful protest." Jan 6 started out as a protest by people who were fed up with their president being sabotaged for 4 years and a blatantly rigged election on the part of social media, the FBI, and democrats in power. With the Steele dossier, the purposeful anchoring of the laptop story, the political and pointless Russia investigation, the false accusations of racism with open borders, etc (you and I have been through all of that on here), the resentment had been building for 4 years. Unfortunately the protest was ruined by a few total morons who went into the Capitol, but the whole thing was, as usual, exaggerated by the left. Trump's last tweet was, "Please support our Capitol police and law enforcement. They are truly on the side of our country. Stay peaceful." If people like Maxine Waters had tweeted things like that, maybe we'd have a few less burnt down post offices, buildings and businesses from the mindless leftist riots the last few years.

How is that siccing a mob? He cannot control the anger of protesters and to be honest, they had every right to be pissed off after their legitimately elected President was sabotaged under mostly false pretenses for 4 f*cking years. C'mon, you're better than that.

While he did say the election was stolen, there's no evidence to prove that it was, but there is ample evidence that it was rigged. Let's just say, infinitely more than there was that Russia colluded in the 2016 election. 

If Trump honestly committed crimes, and I've seen all sorts of explanations on both sides that are convincing either way, I'm all for him being brought to justice.

YO LSUfan. I appreciate your posts. And I respect your arguments. I am still working up an answer to your posts on another thread, and probably won't be able to get back to them till this evening.

Meantime, I'll just say this about this one.

Trump stoked the insurrection crowd for months with false claims the election had been stolen. Social media ENABLED him to do this.

He called his followers to the Capitol on 1/6, stoked them some more, exhorting them to "take back" their stolen country, and knowing many were armed, sent them to the Capitol to pressure Pence into an illegal action. The crowd pressure was coordinated with the forgery of lists of fake electors from seven states. Trump knew this. Already there were Oath Keepers and Proud Boys "standing by," and in contact with Trump associates like Roger Stone.   

Then, as over a thousand "total morons" violently breached the Capitol and sent Congress fleeing for their lives, Trump watched the TV feed for two hours, IGNORING pleas from his daughter, son-in-law, Sean Hannity, and Kevin McCarthy to stop them. A world from Trump would have stopped them in their tracks. But "Those aren't my people" he told McCarthy. 

Surely the guy who created the anger with false claims, stoked it for two months, then called a mob to the Capitol for a final dose of the BIG LIE on 1/6, then watched as they trash the Capitol and interrupt the certification of election, could have controlled the anger he'd stoked at every point, couldn't he?  I certainly don't see some BLM leader getting away with bringing that kind of mayhem down on our seat of government, nor do I see some "left" media shrugging it off as mostly peaceful. 

There are other puzzling statements I can address latter, such as that there is more evidence the election was somehow "rigged" by social media than there was evidence for a Russia investigation which resulted in north of two dozen convictions and the expulsion of over a dozen spies. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honest question for Trump supporters - Dill - 09-15-2023, 12:07 PM