Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-15-2023, 02:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The bill was amended on 09/01, 09/12 and 09/14/23.  Not long after this.

https://sacobserver.com/2023/09/controversial-senate-bill-553-sparks-debate-over-crime-rates-in-california/

While Hollo is being rather generous by praising the apparent removal of the text in question I, having dealt with these clowns for years, would point out that it should never have been in there in the first place.  And you can damn well believe that it would still be in the bill if it hadn't received such a public pushback.

Yeah I did not mean to praise it. I called it the sensible thing to do, because it just is. No medals given.

Overall, I do not doubt the validity of your sentiments. I'd take your word for it, but I don't really have to, what you describe is described plenty and a majority of people in Californian cities seem to harbor similar sentiments.

And it's probably because the balance between progressives and conservatives no longer functions in a polarized society. Hardly any dissatisfaction can bring liberal leaning people to vote for the Trump party, and I can understand why that is. Which effectively leads to an one party system in left leaning California, and that does not support moderate currents. Which is the one point I do not fully share, that Californian Democrats are a valid stand-in for democrats as a whole. Joe Biden for starters is quite different in his views than those folks are.

I'm aware that while arguing this point I declare Trump a valid stand-in for all Republicans, but this party has done all it can to support that view.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - hollodero - 09-15-2023, 04:13 PM