Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Day Landings- Easily Done Better?
(09-15-2023, 01:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That invasion was tough to watch. I had to keep reminding myself it was a movie because I was getting emotional. Butterflies in my stomach and goosebumps standing in places I didn't even know I had them. Not because of past experiences, but because of the bravery and the dedication those soldiers had and the challenges they endured. I learn in awe of the greatest generation and what they accomplished. 

I think I mentioned it before on here, but I took in every little bit of that scene, it was an absolutely beautiful piece of filmmaking, but a brutal series of events.

When the typewriter scene played (directly after the final shot of the fight), I had to pause and collect myself, as all of those typists writing made me feel the gravity of what went on: all of that senseless killing, so many families torn apart and ruined, so many lives just needlessly meat-shielded away... war is awful. I think I just sat there, bawling my eyes out for like 7-8 minutes.

It is one of the 5 best-crafted films I have ever seen and I loved it to death... but I will never watch it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D-Day Landings- Easily Done Better? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-15-2023, 05:04 PM