Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-15-2023, 10:57 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Cop out lib logic. We're having an influx greater now than ever in history, which started the second Biden took office. Plenty of desirable countries that have much more money than we do around the world have no problem with it. The man in charge has a lot of control over it. Also your straw man about stronger borders = hating brown people is ridiculous. The black mayor of NYC now sees what a problem it is... is he a white nationalist for saying, "Illegal immigrants will be the death of the US"? Legal immigration is different from illegal immigration. 

Also, instead of insulting where you think the person got their info from, why don't you actually refute the points and not doing a sh*tty job of it.
Ever been to Texas by chance? If immigration was such a drag on the economy Texas would be flat broke by now and would have to sell off half the state to Mexico..
So would California..
We have labor shortages with no help in sight simply because younger generations decided they evidently don't like screwing to replace us old people..
FACT:I'm one of the youngest of the largest workforce in American history and I'm retired.. There will be no larger workforce without immigration and the United States is not alone in this problem. It's far worse in nearly the entire developed world. China is toast as is Russia and most of Asia. Europe has far fewer young people than the US. 
About the only large population with a very young workforce left in the world is in Africa. 
South America has become a basket case of instability no thanks to US policies over the past 50 or so years and the people trying to make it across the border are going to keep coming regardless of who is in the white house. Walls are not going to stop people from wanting to survive, but what might help is to relocate many of the factories that demand low wage workers can fill might. Since China is going tits up put those factories in the Southern hemisphere and quit ***** around.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - grampahol - 09-16-2023, 12:46 AM