Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-11-2023, 09:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'd guess because most illegal immigrants don't qualify for asylum. They don't flee war or persecution, just a dangerous life without perspective.
Not sure why you call them "that type" that you do not need here. They usually work hard in any awful job for little pay, they don't steal jobs away (not with this unemployment rate anyway), and there seems to be no indication that I am aware of that they are more prone to crimes than Americans. They just don't qualify as refugees.

Strong vs Weak, you see it all the time. Illegals can't go to the police (fear of deportation and if it's a gang member then retaliation from the gang) and gangs will take an advantage of that.

That type refers to the people that don't have good intentions. 

(09-11-2023, 09:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, apparently not, since visa overstays, from what I've seen, exceed illegal border crossings and contribute more to the illegal population. It seems many visa overstays do not get caught or followed up.
Which, yeah, as a non-American is weird enough, no denying that. We would actually find them, and there's little chance they find work and a roof as illegals. It's what I mean that apparently illegals in the US are widely tolerated, from employers, landlords, states and the government possibly because the economy just wants or needs the cheap labor.

Visa overstays are a problem as well, i haven't ever said they weren't but it's not an excuse to not stop illegal crossings. 
Get those under control and then you can focus on overstays. Gotta keep taking those baby steps, it's not a problem that can be fixed overnight. 
Already have said that we need to get all Airlines and Crossings updated with better reporting as some actually do leave but it's not always updated in the system.  And i have no idea why UK is the leader in overstays, guess they didn't get the memo of 1776 that we aren't a colony anymore. And some overstays apply for Aslyym which means they are safe from deportation for likely 5+ years (court time and appeal if denied). 

Illegals actually take jobs from Documented workers and USC's. Yea yea i get the whole cheap labor thing, but i think it's much more a political rhetoric than actual truth. 

Truth is we can only handle so much uneducated labor. I am curious though how Austria has become one of the most Anti-Immigrant counties out there now.
If we only had about a 3-4% immigration rate like you guys, i'm sure we could handle that, but ours fluctuates between 13-15% of our total population, and we simply don't have the resources to handle that volume.

One thing that i hate most, is when EU went thru the Muslim refugees, some countries put up fences/barricades along their borders to help control the problem, yet we get looked down upon because we want to protect our borders as well?

(09-11-2023, 09:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure there is. Let the kids stay. At least those that know little else but the US throughout their life because they've grown up here and been here for over a decade.
For sure I'm not saying just let people cross the border and then point to their kids to never get thrown out again. There can be clear rules to minimize exploitation.

There's no easy way to solve that and no one will be 100% happy with anything that is done. 
Only thing i can think, is if the family has to go because of parents status, the kids can stay with a relative who are willing to take over financial responsibility for their family members or worst case, if no one will take them on, put them up for adoption. That's just splitting up families again and we all know how well the left will exploit that emotion. It's a decision the Parents made and will have to live with. Ofc changing Citizenship to BLOOD would be a major deterrent. That would require a 2/3'rds vote in House/Senate to ratify an amendment and i just have no faith in that happening anytime soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - Mike M (the other one) - 09-16-2023, 05:02 PM