Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Biden's lack of stopping Illegal immigrants
(08-31-2023, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: Until Congress stops using immigration as a political talking point and finally fixes the LEGAL immigration system, there is no hope of ever stopping illegal immigration.  Give people a legal avenue of realistically immigrating in a reasonable time period and the incentive to come illegally goes away.

Right now from Mexico, it can take up to 20 years to be able to legally immigrate to this country and then it can take just as long to obtain citizenship or even a green card the backlog is so high

Agreed with the first part of your first sentence, but the legal immigration difficulty is vastly overblown. No one is entitled to citizenship in another country. We have “sanctuary cities” and house refugees, while most places elsewhere put a time limit on them. 

I’ve got plenty of Israeli, German, Spanish and Mexican friends back in Los Angeles who got their citizenship within a few years. I tried to get Danish and Swedish citizenship for 4 years because I played in a prominent Scandinavian band and worked in Denmark and Sweden about 6 months a year for 4 years. I failed. 7 of the Danish producers and songwriters, on the other hand, moved to L.A. and got their citizenship within a few years. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's lack of stopping Illegal immigrants - LSUfaninTN - 09-17-2023, 01:54 AM