Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-18-2023, 10:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes there are more cows than before, but it is worth noting that we basically just replaced Bison that used to be here with Cows. There were an estimated 60 million American Bison in the late 18th century.

Still more cows than bison, but Bison are notably larger individually.

Admittedly don't know how much American Bison fart, though.

It seems no one really knows. The whole methane topic is more complex for sure (nutrition seems to be important for one, fresh grass vs. grain), and a rather important issue seems to be that flatulences of cows (or bisons etc) in free nature have way less of an impact since the animals spread around, the methane does not reach high concentrations and gets degraded more quickly. Feedlots with lots of cows crammed together seem to amplify the problem. I say "seem" a lot, for in the end I am not an expert on cow flatulences either.

In the end, I take everything that reduces greenhouse gas emissions; even if cow farts always existed and contributed. If there's an easy way to cut down on those, why not. Things like "forbidding beef" is of course not part of the measures I'd approve of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - hollodero - 09-18-2023, 12:09 PM